- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Pollution & Flooding Systems Architect
My client, Southern Water, are looking to take on a Pollution & Flooding Systems Architect to work within a new area of the business that is tasked with tackling and reducing flooding and pollution incidents.
Overall purpose of the role
The Systems Architect will lead the design and improvement of Southern Water's Pollution reduction system architecture.
Scope of the role
The role will define the operating model for best practice pollution & flooding reduction and be accountable for the embedding of the end to end systems that is needed to deliver this change. The position holder would need to be comfortable with working with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally and to both guide and hold accountable teams and functions for adhering to a new best practice system or operating model.
1. Responsible for defining best in class pollution & flooding reduction processes and systems for the business and manage the implementation of changes 20%
2. You will define and monitor key metrics to measure the quality and performance of the reduction systems and put in place procedures and plans to measure compliance. You will take appropriate actions to identify and see through improvements to the system. 20%
3. You will be the business owner for the pollution & flooding reduction systems and will liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the systems change approach is fully communicated and that roles and responsibilities are understood 15%
4. You will be responsible for designing and defining changes to components of the system with the aim to develop an operating model that delivers a sustained reduction pollution & flooding numbers 15%
5. Define the capabilities require for best practice and define the business procedures required to deliver these working closely with internal stakeholder 15%
6. You will work with the wider business to define and monitor the impact of improvements to the operating model for our customers, regulators and external stakeholders 15%
Data analytics is key to this position, and whilst the client is not necessarily looking for an individual with industry background, they will be heavily involved in influencing areas of the business and will need to be confident and pro-active in doing so.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.