- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Area Risk Specialist - Water (East)
My client, Southern Water, are looking for an Area Risk specialist to join their team in Chatham, Kent (though can be flexible) on a permanent staff basis, to cover their Eastern region.
Your main purpose will be to provide risk and resilience analysis and maintain reporting and communication on prioritised level of risks against level of performance required to the relevant area teams. This will enable Southern Water to understand areas of exposure allowing remedial effort to be directed to where it will produce the greatest value.
Accountabilities will include:
- Providing consistent risk and resilience assessments in line with Southern Water enterprise risk and resilience framework.
- Undertaking a systematic programme of Hazard Reviews for area to identify and quantify risks using existing information.
- Identifying and embedding improvement opportunities to the Hazard review process.
- As part of the integrated team input to the risk and value process, provide a clear articulation of needs and benefits.
- Providing subject matter expertise to ensure that risks are identified and reported in a consistent manner and that actionable insight is available for decision making. Promote continuous improvement of processes.
- Identifying asset needs and supporting the interpretation of results linked to performance commitments and customer promises.
- Supporting production of need statements suitable for the investment planning process and that relevant governance and asset lifecycle process steps are implemented.
- Being responsible for production and integration of material for reports and business updates on resilience and risk levels. This includes required regulatory reporting (DWMP, DWSP etc.)
- Feeding into the development of new asset management systems and processes to establish industry leading asset management practices within Southern Water.
To be suitable for this position you will ideally have a degree in Science, Risk, Asset Management, Engineering or a numerate subject, or you will have equivalent experience.
You will have proven Risk Management experience with an understanding of Water and/or Wastewater processes (networks and treatment works), and you will have experience in demonstrating the ability to evaluate risks and hazards against business drivers and targets, short and long term to assess resilience.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.