- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Matchtech are working with Highways England to find a Project Director to manage their interface with HS2 and Heathrow Airport Ltd.
As Project Director, you will be responsible for working across Highways England functions, with Heathrow Airport Limited (HAL) and HS2 Ltd.
Your role on these third-party Programmes is to influence outcomes, mitigate risks and protect Highways England's reputation in the context of our Licence Obligations, Corporate Imperatives and Road Investment Strategies.
You will be responsible for ensuring Highways England leads on the engagement with our Customers and Road users for both HS2 and Heathrow Expansion Programme (HEP) to ensure timely communication on the impacts of the proposed developments and agree mitigations.
This role can be based from either our Guildford or Birmingham offices and there will be travel required on a regular basis across our Highways England sites.
What you'll be leading on
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with the Divisional Director, Senior Project Managers, Highways England functional leads and other key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure effective performance is delivered on the programme and to support their personal development.
- Influencing third party thinking and proposals to ensure that Highways England's requirements are met, our imperatives are embraced and that risks to Highways England are mitigated and managed. This will include contributing to commercial and contractual negotiations with third parties
- Overseeing the development, update and implementation of project management plans to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised and resourced to deliver project objectives, achieve the required outcomes and comply with Highways England's governance procedures.
- Establish and manage project and programme management procedures to include risk management, issue and change control, requirements, communication, assurance and stakeholder management
- Appoint external delivery partners and consultants; oversee and direct their delivery and hold them to account, to ensure timely delivery, value for money and adherence to Highways England standards.
- Promoting continuous improvement and innovation to ensure that work is conducted in a manner that takes into consideration wider stakeholders, political nuance and the long-term strategic aims of Highways England.
To be successful
- A strong collaborator who is able to gain the involvement and engagement of a wide range of senior stakeholders.
- Highly resilient and able to deal constructively with conflicting priorities and setbacks.
- Experience of leading and managing multidisciplinary teams to successful develop complex, high risk or high-profile projects.
- Experience of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and evidence of skills to influence strategic relationships for positive outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the development of project management plans in conjunction with delivery partners, alliances or third parties.
- Commercial skills with proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes, and drive value for money
- Demonstrate experience as a mentor and / or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence within a complex project environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.