- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
EC&I Design Engineer
New requirment for an EC&I Design Engineer to work on the Type 26 Frigate EC&I Equipment and Platform Management System (PMS).
Applicants must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance
To undertake EC&I Equipment design activities as part of a project team currently delivering Control & Instrumentation systems and equipment on a major Marine defence contract.
* To provide a professional focus for all aspects of Electrical Equipment Design Engineering on the T26 C&I delivery project.
* Assist in C&I/equipment selection, design, compliancy and acceptance phases of the development lifecycle.
* Assist in the production of technical/equipment specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans/ drawings; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements.
* Develop C&I and electrical designs, producing and maintain ownership of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc.
* Be able to assess and advise C&I and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
* Be able to review design of electrical circuits to meet EMC, Availability, Maintainability and Safety and compliance verfication.
* Be conversant with earthing methodology and 'floating supplies' to support Operational/Environmental/EMC qualification of equipment.
* To review and improve the equipment design lifecycle processes under the guidance of the Principal Project Engineer. Experience required:
* Experience of production of electrical schematics/wiring diagrams, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings, P&ID's and cable block diagrams, etc.
* Experience of design for EMC and good engineering practice/techniques for equipment
* IET Wiring Regulations (preferably 18th Edition) Advantageous
* Understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards
* Experience in specification, design and procurement of instrumentation, control panels (including HMI / PLC).
* Experience of AutoCAD
* Knowledge of environmental certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations.
* Knowledge of EMC related requirements for Military / Marine installations desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.