- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Unity VR Developer
An exciting contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Unity VR Developer to join a leading Automotive Consultancy.
Our client has an immediate opening for a Unity VR Developer (PC platform) to join our team based in Shoreham (the opportunity for part-week home working could be available to experienced candidates with their own suitable VR equipment). The VR team have been developing innovative use-cases for VR across our globally distributed engineering businesses - improving the capabilities, quality and efficiency of design, development, manufacturing, training and sales/marketing teams as a result. This is a role that offers the successful applicant excellent exposure & visibility at a senior level across the whole of the Group.
What You Will Do:
Be responsible for developing new (and improving/maintaining existing) Unity based VR applications, for use both internally and externally at our customers/suppliers. This will involve all aspects of application development - from initial prototyping, through testing & developing them further, all the way through to providing finished applications for use across the business.
* Extensive experience developing Unity applications for PC (full-time professional experience is required)
* Significant experience of creating VR applications using Unity for the PC
* Excellent Unity skills - esp. C#, HDRP, Lighting, Textures, Physics, Animations and UI
* Strong Unity debugging and performance optimisation skills
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
* VR Hardware knowledge/experience - particularly HTC Vive
* PiXYZ Studio/Plugin
* Photon Engine for Unity multi-user applications
* Unity Teams, Shader Graph and DOTS
* Point cloud and Photogrammetry data import for Unity VR experiences
* 3D CAD / Modelling experience
* Experience in creating AR/MR applications for tablet or HMD
* Android/iOS programming experience
* Intelligent, self-starter, quickly able to independently learn new skills/technologies as required
* Work on tight deadlines while self-managing and prioritising multiple projects
* Well organised, with the ability to accurately estimate and deliver high quality work
* Enthusiasm and passion for using VR/AR/MR in an engineering context
* A good team player with good communication skills
* A Computer Science (or similar) degree is required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.