- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Asset Strategy Lead (Process)
My client, Southern Water, are looking for an experineced Asset Management professional to join their team in Falmer, Brighton as an Asset Strategy Lead for the water processing (Non Infrastructure/Water Treatment) area of the business.
Job Description :
To develop asset strategies that enable Southern Water to deliver its service commitments safely and legally over the long term.
Identify strategic options that deliver the best mix of operational, maintenance and capital investment to reach outcomes, challenging constraints and identifying opportunities.
Responsible to embed outcomes of analysis into the business to enable asset management best practice and integrated plans production.
Deploy systems thinking in the holistic analysis of water/wastewater to aid understanding of the interdependence of both Southern Water's systems and the systems of wider society, and develop strategies that deliver maximum benefit
Produce asset strategies to the required standards to achieve business outcomes and ensure asset strategies comply with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
Ensure strategies are developed in consultation with a full range of internal and external stakeholders, while driving the use of evidence based decision making
* Driving excellence in Health and Safety ensuring H&S management is a priority.
* Plan and deliver asset and resilience strategies across the organisation to meet business outcomes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
* Ensure asset strategies utilise systems thinking techniques to quantify the interrelations between component parts and wider systems
* Ensure alignment of asset strategies between water and wastewater wholesale, in line with corporate risk and resilience frameworks.
* Integrate the asset interventions and strategies to feed the asset planning systems and integrated business plan.
* Support the development of new asset management systems and processes to establish industry leading asset management practices within Southern Water.
* Devise and recommend optimised asset interventions that consider the best balance of outputs, whole life cost, and resources required to achieve outcomes. Align the analysis with Southern Water risk framework and resilience framework to aid decision.
* Prepare and embed strategies to deliver best value for money. Influence stakeholders to ensure sustainability of implementation and embed the strategies into business as usual.
* Develops and passionately communicates a long term big picture view. Communicates goals and direction clearly and generates commitment to shared vision.
* Degree in science, asset management, risk management, engineering or equivalent.
* Demonstrated asset management experience, Investment Planning experience, experience of water and wastewater or infrastructure industries.
* Demonstrate an understanding of company drivers, outputs and serviceability targets, the Water Industry regulatory framework and OFWAT's business model.
* Applied understanding and experience of industry success factors, regulatory and legal obligations and horizon scanning of upcoming challenges / opportunities.
* Applied experience of whole life cost econometrics and asset deterioration models.
* Demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
* High level of numeracy and literacy with attention to detail, with presentation and effective communication of findings and actionable insight proposals.
* Evidence of clear communication to generate commitment to shared vision.
* Collaborate across functions and departments in the best interest of the customer within company's constraints.
* Proven ability to meet timescales and ensure quality of output through effective organisation and prioritisation of tasks.
* Asset Management professional qualification.
* Member of a risk management / asset management approved body
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.