- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Asset Planner (Water)
My client, Southern Water, are looking for 2 Asset Planners to join their team based in Falmer, Brighton, on a permanent staff basis. These positions will be assisting in the production of the long term asset plan.
Key Purpose of the Job
Assist the production of the long term (25 year) asset plan for the area that deliver SW strategic objectives and inform price review (PR24) processes.
Articulate benefits in both short (in AMP) and long term programmes of work for the area plan.
To build and optimise an area plan using risk based decision making within the constraints of a TOTEX environment to ensure we meet our outcomes and regulatory commitments. Ensure alignment of plan with risk and resilience framework.
To develop, optimise, manage, monitor and change the integrated business plan to ensure that investment, operational and maintenance activities are aligned with achieving business outcomes at lowest whole life cost.
To work as part of the integrated team to identify recommended courses of action and ensure that decisions are made in line with the decision making framework.
To ensure Customers and Stakeholders are central to service delivery.
* Driving excellence in Health and Safety ensuring H&S management is a priority.
* Responsible for articulating risk based investment requirements for area.
* Ensure investment options across the Asset Lifecycle Process are aligned to business objectives and also realises the desired outcomes and benefits
* Ensure the investment options drive optimal cost asset efficiency from the asset base.
* Support Integrated business plan development, management, optimisation, delivery and monitoring for area.
* Facilitate risk and value workshops.
* Support the creation and implementation of 25 years management plans in line with regulatory frameworks (e.g. DWMP, WRMP…)
* Collaborating with the Heads of Delivery/Function, Programme Manager, Project Managers, Area risk managers and asset strategy manager on risks and issues that might affect the workstream & Tranche outcomes and benefits
* Develops and passionately communicates the area plan with relevant stakeholders. Communicates goals and direction clearly and generates commitment to shared vision. Translates strategy into tactics and specific actions.
* Creates the right balance between the needs of the company, teams and individuals. Makes best use of resources within constraints for maximum advantage and efficiency. Develop a plan for own function and understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of individuals.
* Carry out investment plan optioneering, whole life costing and cost benefit analysis.
* Degree in science, asset management, risk management, engineering or equivalent.
* Demonstrated asset management experience, Investment Planning experience, experience of water and wastewater or infrastructure industries.
* Demonstrate an understanding of company drivers, outputs and serviceability targets, the Water Industry regulatory framework and OFWAT's business model.
* Understanding of risk assessments and risk management
* Applied experience of creation of long term (25 years) investment plans using whole life cost econometrics and asset deterioration models.
* Demonstrated ability to assess multiple sources of information, recognise uncertainty and identify preferred courses of action.
* Demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
* High level of numeracy and literacy with attention to detail, with presentation and effective communication of findings and actionable insight proposals.
* Demonstrate experience of collaboration across functions and departments to achieve outcomes.
* Evidence of developing and passionately communicating a long term big picture view.
* Evidence of clear communication of goals and direction to generate commitment to shared vision.
* Proven record of translating strategy into tactics and specific actions.
* Manages collaboratively across functions and departments in the best interest of the customer within company's constraints.
* Proven ability to meet timescales and ensure quality of output through effective organisation and prioritisation of tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to create the right balance between the needs of the company, teams and individuals. Makes best use of resources within constraints for maximum advantage and efficiency.
* Asset Management professional qualification.
* Member of a risk management / asset management approved body
* Experience of risk and value processes and facilitation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.