- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Parachute Packer to work at my client in Denham.
The role holder is responsible for packing new build parachutes and drogues to support production and supply of customer spares to meet the requirements of the production and development schedule as well as surveying and repacking parachutes as deemed necessary in support of the MRO business.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Pack parachutes and drogues in accordance with technical specifications and manuals involving:
- Drawing of parts from satellite stores
- Recording of batch numbers and completion of history sheets
- Checking parachutes for flaws and noting minor flaws on the history sheet
- Preparing parachutes for loading into the press
- Operating presses to ensure parachutes and drogues are compressed in accordance with the drawings /manuals
- Ensure efficient utilisation of presses and other equipment.
- Work with development programmes on working methods and specifications of head boxes, parachutes and drogues including prototypes and test pieces.
- Carry out self-inspection and peer inspection up to MBSE standards.
- Make sure that tools and equipment are fit for purpose calibrated and maintained at all times reporting any defects to the Team Leader.
- Handle materials, goods and components carefully in accordance with safety regulations and handling and processing instructions so that:
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty processing
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling
- Participation in 5S and other business improvement initiatives.
- To report any dangerous practices and other dangers such as faulty equipment to local supervision so that all operations are safe at all times.
- To undertake any formal training in-house or external relevant to the job and adopt modern practices within the Department.
- To undertake self-inspection and quality check of work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures and to manage/assist in the successful implementation of ongoing process improvements.
- To be conversant with and employ appropriate techniques as specified on the job cards relevant to specific components such that work is undertaken according to requirements so that:
- Processes are carried out in accordance with laid down SOP's within the Department.
- Required quality standards are achieved.
- All relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times including Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, SSW's arising from RA's/COSHH and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules.
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- To undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping cleaning duties, such that the Department and associated areas are maintained in an efficient clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
- Meticulous good attention to detail
- Responsible and conscientious
- Team player
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working from Technical Drawings and specifications
- Engineering/manufacturing background
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.