- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
A highway inspector is required to perform Safety & Service Inspections and gather Asset Management information in central and NE London.
- Perform and accurately report Safety Inspections across the LoHAC road network as set out in the Inspection Schedule.
- Perform walked and driven highway inspections working alone and alongside others.
- Ensure inspection processes and procedures are always being followed, as set by the Asset Manager, and all legal & contractual requirements are being met.
- Identify and report Network Intelligence to ensure consistent and continuous improvements are instigated across the network.
- To upload inspection files to the asset management system.
- To record and upload video survey files.
- To survey/inspect/assess/evaluate and/or collect and record asset information across the network as requested by the Asset Manager.
- Ensure that all Network related information is reported back to and relayed via the Network Control Centre.
- Report back all information/issues related to the network to ensure the Inspection Manager is fully aware of and kept up to date of any developments occurring on the network.
- always Promote a safe working environment for yourself and others, keeping up to date with Risk Assessments for all Highway Inspections implementing all relevant controls.
- Inspect the quality of the Highway Boundary and identify adjacent buildings and landscapes that have a significant negative visual or tangible impact on the network.
- Identify issues of concern to residents and stakeholders in each inspection area.
- As 'Custodian of the Network' report any issues not covered by the inspection regime for the general betterment of the Network.
- To carry out other duties consistent with the above that may be directed or implied from time to time as required commensurate to the post and/or instructed by the line Manager.
- Promote a safe working environment
- Ensure data collected is accurate and error free
- Delivery of elements of the maintenance contract as defined by the Asset Manager
- Ensure all related service performance indicators and contractual requirements are met
- Delivery of business plan objectives
- To follow the RJMS systems processes
- Possess a full UK driving licence
- Ability to attain the necessary certification required to perform the role including but not exclusive to 'Highway Safety Inspection Training and Assessment Programme City and Guilds 6033'
- Ability to collect accurate asset and defect information
- Ability to provide accurate asset information to other team members in various formats
- Possess competent IT skills including the ability to adapt to various software and hardware
- Ability to manage time and workloads to a strict inspection schedule and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Possess a personal fitness level to be able to spend the majority of the role outdoors walking the network in all weather conditions
- Ability to continually develop professional knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Ability to communicate effectively within all mediums
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other team members
- Ability to show continual improvement in the role and to the wider organisation
- Ability to identify necessary business changes processes to streamline efficiency
Outputs of role
- Highway Inspection Files
- Accurate Survey Records of Highway Assets
- Photographic Surveys of Highway Assets
- Video Survey Files
- Contributes to data required for SPI submission
- Contributes to inspection reports
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.