- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Wildcat Delivery Team - Safety Manager
Within the Engineering division at Defence Equipment and Support (SE&S) the Wildcat Delivery Team (DT) are looking for a Safety Lead.
The Wildcat Delivery Team (DT) is responsible to the Front Line Commands for the In-Service support of the Wildcat AH Mk1 for the Army and the Wildcat HMA Mk2 for the Royal Navy.
The Army Wildcat can be employed in a host of roles including ISTAR, Airborne Command and Control, Close Air Support, Medical Evacuation, Movement of Men and Material and has an offensive capability.
The Navy Wildcat is also equipped with a 'state of the art' Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar and an Automatic Identification System (AIS). It will also be capable of being armed with air to surface and sub surface weapons.
The Wildcat DT are now looking for a Safety Manager to act as the interface with industry in a safety delegated post, able to hold a letter of Safety Delegation on behalf of the Type Airworthiness Authority (TAA). This role will report in to the Safety and Compliance Lead, and TAA, as well as having management responsibilities for two full time employees and two contractors.
As our Safety Manager, you will have the chance to work autonomously, with a high profile team, keen on employing continuous improvement strategies. This role offers fantastic development opportunities and exposure to the diverse array of complex projects within the team including; a long-term In-Service Support Contract with the Design Office (DO) and major capability upgrades that are being progressed.
Your role as Safety Manager is central to these activities and key to the TAA being able to deliver Type Airworthiness Assurance to the Helicopter Operating Centre Director and the Air Systems Duty Holders.
Our successful candidate must have appropriate knowledge and experience and be willing/able to complete the internal Systems Safety training in due course, on appointment to the role.
- Developing, managing, and maintaining an effective Safety Management System. Ensuring that the Safety Management Plan complies with Military Aviation Authority (MAA) regulation and DE&S policy, and follows recognised best practice.
- Reviewing safety artefacts from the platform Design Organisation (DO) and DE&S Commodity DTs and make safety recommendations to the TAA to support Release to Service Recommendations. - Managing the safety interface with the platform DO to ensure that the safety requirements detailed in the Statement of Requirement for the In-Service Support Contract are delivered to an appropriate standard to support the Wildcat's Type Airworthiness Safety Assessment.
- Responsible for maintaining the Wildcat's Type Airworthiness Safety Assessments. - Lead for Safety activity associated with Capability projects being integrated into Wildcat. Examples being Future Air to Surface Guided Weapons and Single Pilot Ballistic Protection
- Working with the Wildcat DT's Safety Engineer to deliver the Safety Optimisation programme; moving to the new DE&S Airworthiness Team taxonomy for Threat Management and the development of the Wildcat DT's Safety Data Exploitation strategy.
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
* Demonstrable experience working as a manager or consultant in an engineering safety role within the aviation sector, and that you are a proficient user of safety argument and safety risk management tools
* A minimum of Level 4 NQF in a relevant engineering or science discipline or the equivalent relevant experience gained in industry.
* Member of a relevant Professional Safety and / or Environmental Institute or equivalent body
*Chartered or Incorporated Engineering or Science professional affiliation (IEng as a minimum).
* Demonstrable experience facilitating hazard assessments and producing safety assessments for complex aero systems
For more information about the Interview process please get in touch.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.