- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Looking for a career in the marine industry, have a design related degree, and a couple of years experience? We have a great opportunity working as a designer for a prestigious company who specialise in the design and build of luxury yachts.
This role will report to the Principal Designer and work within a young team of designers striving to deliver the most luxurious, elegant and forward thinking products in the market place. You will start with concept designs and add another level of refinement, craftsmanship, and engineering. You will be required to consider every junction, surface and function, producing intelligent designs that are feasible for manufacture.
You must be a strong team player, self-motivated, passionate about design, and eager to be part of a rapidly evolving business.
- The candidate should have a degree preferably in product design, design engineering or architecture.
- 2-6 years in a competitive design or engineering environment.
- Marine industry experience is beneficial but not essential.
- A practical thinker with very strong problem solving skills are essential.
- Experience of Siemens NX or similar 3D CAD software is necessary.
- Be able to generate new ideas and develop them through every aspect of both the concept and detail design phase.
- The role consists of designing a combination of the following: interior space and furniture, exterior GRP mouldings, metalwork, glazing, teak, deck fittings and other elements of a yacht. A knowledge of design for manufacture of these is essential.
- Produce Initial Sketches / 3D concept models of furniture and details to present to the project design leads.
- Design spaces & furniture that suit the creative direction briefed by the concept/creative team.
- Produce design intent drawings (Ceiling plans, elevations, lighting schemes, storage solutions and metalwork concepts).
- Create intelligent designs that maximize space, storage and integrate services seamlessly.
- 3D and 2D CAD modelling and surfacing using Siemens NX.
- A knowledge of mechanism design would be beneficial.
- Attend yachts in build to offer design support and respond to any queries.
- Understanding of budgets and manufacturing feasibility.
- Working collaboratively with engineering, CAD and naval architecture departments.
- Involvement in the NPI and NPD process.
- Delivery of part information in accordance with the development schedule.
- Assist with research and development projects.
- Support of the Development department's other design disciplines when required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.