- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
An opportunity has arisen for a Composite Boatbuilder, based in Poole
Due to the nature of the role, the suitable candidate will come from a composite boatbuilding background.
* To undertake the installation, modification and maintenance of marine structures and equipment for all classes of lifeboat
* To undertake work using advanced composite materials using appropriate methods
* To undertake system installations in conjunction with other team members
* To undertake the safe movement of marine vessels and the components by selection of the correct lifting equipment, and application of the appropriate methods and techniques
* Correctly identify tools, materials and equipment associated with the relevant task/process
* Confirmation and compliance of task/job delivery against standards
* Understand the correct use of engineering drawings, data and documentation
* Actively participate in good occupational health, safety and environmental behaviours
* Work to achieve all safety, quality, production, cost and people business targets
* To apply continuous improvement (Lean) tools and techniques to shop floor and support functions
* Requirement for emergency stand-by duties out of hours including weekends and bank holidays
* To become involved in other ad hoc tasks as required.
Relevant City and Guilds or NVQ level 3/BTEC or time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
Extensive experience on the assembly, installation, modification, repair/maintenance of marine composite structures and epoxy based materials and GRP.
Working from Engineering drawings and following standardised work.
Minimum contract is for 3 months, with the possibility of extension.
Rate of pay: £17.71/h Ltd/Umbrella co or £13.47/h PAYE plus holiday accrual
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.