- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Health and Safety Group Manager
This is a National role within the Health, Safety and Wellbeing team, providing the lead Health and Safety focus for their Major Projects directorate.
The role will report into the director of health, safety and wellbeing as well as having a close working relationship with the executive director of Major Projects and his leadership team.
The candidate will have a wide experience of health and safety management and will possess at least a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and a higher degree alongside a working knowledge of construction activities, including CDM. They will also have a proven track record of team management, stakeholder engagement and having formulated plans that have brought about real safety improvements from a technical and behavioural basis.
What you'll be leading on
- leading on the development of business strategy and requirements of Highways England's health and safety plans.
- This role ensures that the key objectives are appropriately represented in the business strategy and plan.
- The role of Health and Safety Group Manager is to develop and deliver advice and support to senior business leaders on matters affecting delivery of organisational targets.
- This role will support the safe delivery of major projects and as such, will need to forge close working relationship across our vast supply chain.
- Therefore, the individual will need to demonstrate an excellent collaborative working approach.
To be successful
- Experience of senior stakeholder engagement & involvement
- Experience of team management and engagement across a supply chain
- Knowledge of safety in construction management and procurement activities, with a thorough knowledge of CDM
- Experience of having implemented strategies and plans aimed at improving health, safety and wellbeing performance
- Ability to influence through compelling communications including written business cases and presentations
- Evidence of using data to inform decision making and to influence others
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Health, Safety and Wellbeing Division within our Safety, Engineering and Standards team.
The Safety, Engineering and Standards team's key priorities are to support world class operational delivery and technical advice for our road network, provide support services to lead, enable and innovate in the development of the Strategic Road Network and provide expert advice on matters relating to health and safety
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.