- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways England are seeking a passionate environmental graduate with good GIS / survey skills to work in their Darlington office.
Here at Highways England our environmental team plays a huge part in upholding our values and keeping our roads safe. Join us as an Environmental Specialist and become an integral part of that team. If you have a passion for surveying sites and developing ideas for funds, then this is the role for you. In this varied exciting role, you will get the chance to shape and make a real difference to our future.
The Environmental Specialist will contribute to the development and delivery of projects and maintenance works for the region, providing technical expertise on environmental topics and outcomes.
The role may be required to work unsociable hours.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment
What you'll be leading on
- Undertaking the identification and evaluation of environmental data and needs to develop future renewal and improvement projects, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management.
- Identifying and evaluating environmental needs relating to the development of maintenance solutions for the environmental asset, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
- Monitoring the delivery of agreed solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues.
- Undertaking inspections of the environment assets in scope, in line with the defined inspections regime and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that environmental inventory and condition information is captured and maintained in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales.
- Providing subject matter support to Project Managers, including reviewing of Health and Safety Files.
- Ensuring the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
- Carrying out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of this role.
To be successful
- Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable
- Relevant infrastructure experience
- Experience of surveying environmental assets
- Experience in highway construction and delivery methods
- Knowledge of Design Manual for roads and bridges (DMRB) standards and their application on the highways network
- Experience working within and editing map books within GIS is desirable
- Broad knowledge of aspects and impacts for varying environmental receptors.
- Knowledge of legislative frameworks
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.