- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Site Agent - Highways
Our client, a leading contractor in the Highways & Construction sector has an exciting opportunity for a Site Agent to join their Regional team to work in Crewe.
To provide management, leadership and control of a multi-disciplinary team comprising Sub Agents, Section Engineers, Site Engineers working on the HS2 Enabling works.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Agent you will:
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities;
* Motivate team and manage performance; monitor the competency of team members and undertake training/ coaching as appropriate.
Health Safety & Environmental
* Sets targets and KPI's in line with Project / Business objectives and monitors performance;
* Carries out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan;
* Leads / Reviews Accident / Incident Investigations. Reviews and appraises findings and leads / directs the appropriate action arising (HFACS and Four Page Reports);
* Appraises improvement options and leads action / instigates as appropriate;
* Leads periodic risk reviews and takes output forward to the Project Risk Register;
* Monitors effectiveness of the H & S Management System;
* Keeps up to date with changes in legislation and cascades information to the team.
* Ensures that sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability;
* Identifies and arranges training as required.
* Sets targets and KPI's in line with Project objectives and monitors performance;
* Ensures site audits are undertaken and takes appropriate action on the findings;
* Appraises improvement options and leads / instigates actions as appropriate;
* Implements systems and processes to manage the quality of the constructive works;
* Involved in working groups focused on Improvement Areas;
* Overall ownership of Handover Documentation for Section.
* Sets targets and KPI's in line with key outputs and monitors performance, reporting Section.
* Carry out constructive analysis of fully resourced programme;
* Manages sub-contractor performance based on KPI's;
* Ensures production of operational target programmes to reflect overall construction programme;
* Chairs weekly team meetings to review performance on site;
* Sets targets and KPI's in line with budget forecast;
* Chairs weekly cost meetings and identifies improvement areas and allocates appropriate actions to team members;
* Prepares a cost plan and manages cost vs value;
* Involved in the procurement of subcontractors and advises on commercial aspects / preferred attendances;
* Produces the risk schedule for section, reviews and updates.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SMSTS qualified;
* Previous experience working on a Civils project
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
* Excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently without supervision;
* Proficient IT skills;
Health Safety & Environmental
* Understands method statements and can coach others in document production;
* Understands and can guide others in the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation;
* Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation;
* Proficient in the application of Company Systems;
* Innovative approach to enhancing safe systems of work.
* Experienced in resource allocation and up skilling.
* Understands the Organisational Business Management Systems and processes;
* Clear understanding and experience of the requirements for handover and self-certification of the works.
* Able to analyse and offer improvement on a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software;
* Understands sub-contractor KPI's and has experience of using them to manage performance;
* Able to dynamically shift programme and adapt to circumstances on site whilst maintaining focus on targets;
* Experience in the management of pavement reconstruction and surfacing operations, including phasing and contingency planning;
* Experienced in the management of varied infrastructure works, together with testing and handover.
* Used to setting targets in line with budget;
* Able to produce a realistic financial forecast and track progress against programme;
* Identifies elements for cost recovery from others and guides team members in maintaining project records;
* Working knowledge of the NEC and other relevant forms of contract.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.