- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Engineer - Highways
Our client, a leading contractor in the Highways & Construction sector has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join their Regional team to work in Runcorn.
The position will suit someone with a civil engineering background, with a proven background of managing a team of engineers on a variety of across the civil engineering sectors.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Engineer, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Project based managing a team of engineers on various projects
* Providing information for engineers to set out
* Capable of translating works information into setting out on site.
* Supporting initial surveying and setting out of the works
* Support the setting up Quality Systems and record drawings
* Ensure commercial records including diaries and allocation sheets are maintained
* Ensure commercial change as it occurs is recorded
* Ensure quantification of completed work is recorded
* Raising and tracking Technical Queries are undertaken
* Mentoring off graduate engineers
* Coordinate & manage engineering support to projects
* Have an understanding of robotic surveying equipment
* Support and ensure that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract drawings,
* specification and Project Execution Plan
* Support & Ensure that the section of work are undertaken safely and in accordance with
* Health, Safety &Environmental legislation and the site HSE plans
* Ensure training competencies are in place
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Experience in working on civil engineering projects and managing a team
* HNC/HND/Degree in Civil Engineering desirable
* Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative
* Knowledge of safety and environmental legislationPreviously worked on projects such as Access roads, TM, underground and overhead services, Temporary works
* SMSTS, CSCS, STREETWORKS, able to use GPS surveying equipment, Auto cad, pdf editor
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.