- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Located in Halifax, on the maritime East Coast of Canada, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuillding project for the last 30 years. With a new assembly hall and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Chief Engineer has overall responsiblity and act as technical authority for the design phase of the new build warship project, ensuring that engineering outputs supplied by sub-contractors are delivered on time and to budget.
- All design verification activities, approving both Platform and Combat test forms, reviewing and signing off on all test data
- Oversee and approve all safety, regulatory and certification related tasks for the design phase
- Represent the business at major design reviews and signing off the design
- Degree in Engineering, preferably Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering, or similar
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing & beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding or skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties, choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2 hour flight to New York
With over 7 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 40 families in their move to Canada over the last 5 years. Having also lived abroad as a child and into adulthood, I know how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T:+44 (0) 1489 898 136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.