- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join their growing team in Chichester.
The activities set out below describe the main duties and responsibilities that need to be carried out, although this list is not exhaustive.
The position leads the manufacturing team and works with the Senior Management Team, to ensure our products are manufactured and delivered on time. Responsible for all aspects of production planning and scheduling for existing products and new projects.
The position is directly responsible for management of the shop floor (circa 50+ operatives and ancillary staff) both directly and through the Production Engineer and Charge Hands.
- Management of shop floor personnel ensuring discipline, health & safety processes are followed, training needs are identified and met, interviewing, quality standards of production and maintenance personnel are suitably motivated by leading with a visual presence on the shop floor.
- Ensuring the stores and stock control are run and maintained efficiently
- Supervision of the timely procurement of all raw materials and ancillary equipment including the CNC machinery shop, liaising with suppliers where necessary.
- Management of resources, both personnel and facilities to meet the companies aims and objectives for forward and future planning including company growth.
- Effective management, of the ERP planning and scheduling of the production and quality activities to ensure that product is manufactured on time and to an acceptable standard that meets customer expectations, maintaining company and customer imposed KPI's.
- Working in conjunction with HR, promote incentives, motivation and good morale that recognises effort, commitment, attendance and discipline of shop floor operatives.
- Working in conjunction with Purchasing to allow cost effective and smart procurement of all raw materials, tooling and ancillary equipment is undertaken, including the efficient use of the CNC machine shop to provide a reactive, stable supply base that meets the growing demands and aims of the company.
- Management of maintenance activities including improvements to work space, storage and work flow to ensure effective throughput and improve efficiency throughout the build process and that the maintenance programme for the factory plant and machinery is carried out.
Required skills & experience:
- Engineering/manufacturing background.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems to support production planning and tracking.
- Proven production management and materials planning/scheduling skills and a good understanding of working to processes and procedures.
- Focussed with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, the ability to be a team player and lead by example.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly ERP/MRP.
Conditions of Service
Hours of work: 8 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Thursday with one hour for lunch. 8 am to 4.00 pm Friday with one hour for lunch; however, the position will require some flexibility.
23 working days per annum annual leave plus statutory public holidays.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.