- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Engineering Technician (Civil)
Are you a Senior Engineering Technician with civil and infrastructure experience? Do you want to work on renewables projects that have a positive impact on our environment?
Senior Engineering Technician - Civil
£30K to £38K
Are you a Senior Engineering Technician with civil and infrastructure experience? Do you want to work on renewables projects that have a positive impact on our environment? If so, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
My client, an international consultancy, is presently seeking a Senior Engineering Technician with a civil and infrastructure background to join their renewables infrastructure team in Edinburgh.
Senior Engineering Technician - Civil Responsibilities:
- Renewable energy project infrastructure layout and access design.
- Develop bridge and culvert geometry considering structural form and flooding levels.
- Catchment assessments and hydraulic design of watercourse crossings.
- Develop sustainable drainage concepts and details.
- Develop public highway improvement concepts and detailed design for turbine component delivery.
- Preparation of tender submission packages including multi-disciplinary design statements and presentation drawings.
- Report to appropriate team leader on technical issues associated with project work.
- Quality Control for CAD production and company CAD standards.
Senior Engineering Technician - Civil Candidate Specification:
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience of modelling and analysing linear type construction using AutoCAD, PDS or Civils 3D modelling software.
- Knowledge of trunk road or local road standards.
- Knowledge or desire to learn WinDes and culvert modelling software.
- Ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in plain English.
- Ability to produce concise engineering drawings or high-quality presentation drawings.
- HND or HNC in Civil Engineering (desirable);
- EngTech membership of an appropriate professional body (desirable).
If you have the relevant skills and experience please apply online, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively, you can call Marcus on 01489 898 806 for a confidential discussion.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.