- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We have a rare and unique opportunity to join a Global Automotive company.
We are looking for Passionate Senior Engineers to come on-board for a new & exciting role!
A senior level opportunity exists for a Chief Engineer - Transmissions and eDrives to strengthen technical thought leadership, develop in-demand product focused value propositions and provide technical leadership in both developing and delivering new projects with our clients around the world. This will span all market sectors served by the company including passenger car, commercial vehicle Based at our Midlands Technical Centre.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Using in-depth industry knowledge, provide thought leadership on Transmission and eDrive technology, as applied to conventional, hybrid and electric propulsion systems for passenger cars, and commercial/off-highway vehicles. Also into new sectors e.g. Marine, Aerospace
- Generate new value propositions related to Transmissions and eDrives by supporting development of the companies roadmaps and driving research activities to develop new product, process and system solutions
- Support the business development teams to understand our client needs and develop new opportunities through generation of technical sales material and client engagements
- Lead the preparation of compelling proposals including project technical scoping and delivery approach architecture, liaising with customers and internal engineering and project management teams
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
- Provide excellent technical leadership in multi-disciplinary projects taking responsibility for high quality delivery on-time and on-budget
- Provide input to (or lead) delivery of project activities relating to all aspects of Transmission and eDrives design, development, application and validation
- Developing and maintaining internal and client network and relationships to enable growth of the business in electrification technologies
- Support development of company engineers by mentoring and identifying requirements for skills development where required
- Education - A relevant engineering / science degree qualification. PhD or equivalent further degree and Chartered Engineer status preferred. Proveable experience within the design and development of Transmissions in a consultancy or Tier 1 supplier environment with a global reputation based on delivering excellence in previous roles
- Technical - In-depth experience in the design, analysis and development of transmission technologies including DCT's, MT's, AT's and possibly more recently DHT and EDU products, typically from Tier 1, OEM and/or consultancy
- Business Growth - Developing and scaling up capability and delivery models with customers and partners in a global environment
- Commercial Acumen - Solid knowledge of and confidence in ability and appropriate use of legal and business language, including familiarity with NDAs, IP, proposals and industry standards. Prepare solutions sales materials. Deep market knowledge and ability to think strategically
- Results Focus - Highly motivated to succeed, a self-starter who is driven and able to work with others effectively to "get things done"
- Leadership - Strong strategic and leadership skills, to build and manage teams to deliver, satisfy customers and achieve technical, project and strategic targets
- Team - Strong team player able to play in position as well as supporting areas of new technology for the greater good
- Communication - Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills to work across functions and organisations; excellent listening and relationship-building skills. The ability to up-skill engineers using good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility - Able to be flexible on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.