- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer (Testbed)
Please note - The first 6 months of this Position will be based in Munich, Germany.
Our client are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to support the development of a major aerospace electrical testbed programme.
The Systems Engineer will be part of a multi-national team based in Munich to deliver a major electrical testbed for an aerospace client.
This role will be based in Bristol, UK, but with an initial deployment to Munich, Germany for 6 months. Follow-on projects will be supported from Bristol, UK. Travel, subsistence and accommodation arrangements provided for the time in Germany.
- Developing specifications for test equipment, covering physical, control and programme requirements
- Assessing test equipment design and provisioning for different test setups, including cooling, electrical, etc.
- Supplier selection, engagement and technical support.
- Support to wider programme PDR and CDR gates.
- Supporting development going forward, such as installation and integration activities later in 2020.
Knowledge and Experience
- Familiarity with the design or operation of complex mechanical or electrical systems in aerospace, defence, rail or similar industries.
- Experience with large-scale test equipment and testbed design, setup or operation is preferred.
- Experience with writing or approving engineering documentation, and associated change management processes. Familiarity with working to AS9100/EN9100 standards would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of verbal and written English (note - German speaking is NOT required for this role)
- Demonstrable experience in planning and delivering significant tasks to schedule and budget; effective time management and prioritisation across multiple projects.
- Capable of making accurate and considered technical decisions under pressure and often with limited information available.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.