- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Design Engineer
An exciting contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Hardware Design to work for a leading Automotive Tier 1. Successful candidates will have proven Analogue Design & Power Electronics experience ideally in Automotive or similar.
The Client has not yet provided an IR35 determination for this role.
Responsible to the relevant Applications Team Leader, you will be part of a group developing ECU designs for a range of products. You will undertake ECU application design and development activities for market leading EPS solutions in a dynamic, multi-project, multi-disciplined, safety related product environment.
The role requires a strong understanding of high volume electronic design (covering many areas - from microcontrollers to power electronics). A strong knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes/ tools is, also, required.
What you'll do:
- Electronic Circuit Design: Development of electronic circuit designs, covering a wide range of digital and analogue technologies, for high volume, safety critical automotive control systems. Good understanding of electronic components and manufacturing assembly techniques and processes
- Electronic Circuit Analysis: Tolerancing and worse case analysis using various simulation (eg. Saber, Spice) and analysis tools (eg. Excel, Mathcad)
- Safety and Reliability Analysis: Performing FMEA, FTA, reliability analysis in support of ISO 26262/IEC61508 work packages and analysis
- Generation of requirements, design documents and test documents: Generating documentation in support of the clients procedures and engineering design and development activities
- Validation, Verification and Test: Generate test plans and conduct validation/verification/test programmes to ensure designs are fit for purpose and conform to design requirements
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level (in a relevant subject)
- Experience in analogue and/or power electronics
- Excellent communication skills; particularly reporting
- Member of relevant professional body (e.g. IET)
- Experience in key safety analysis processes (e.g. ISO 26262, FMEA, FTA etc.)
- Automotive system and design experience (e.g. requirements, processes and tools)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.