- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Designer
Are you looking for a new oppourtunity?
My client, based in Eastbourne, is looking for a Senior Mechanical Designer to join there growing team!
The Senior Mechanical Designer (NPI) will develop, define, 3D Model and produce engineering drawing packages in support of the manufacture of new product designs. For developing concepts for the new products based on a Marketing Requirement Specification and will ensure the technology chosen will meet the required product cost targets.
Be accountable for his/ her designs and be able to reasonably argue his/her decisions made within the design. Ensuring that agreed schedules, budgets and deliverables are met to ensure that the assigned New Product Development projects deliver the specified product to the Product Company to agreed timescales and budgets. Aesthetics and a flair to create a modern looking product is essential to this role.
- Degree in Engineering Discipline (lower qualification with more experience will be considered.)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a 3D CAD Designer preferably in an electronics development environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability 3D Model and produce an Engineering Package for manufacturing.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to design using cost effective methods of manufacturing and production assembly.
- Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must have experience in packaging electronics and a good knowledge electronics design and manufacturing.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of a range of materials
- Knowledge of differing manufacturing processes
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.