- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are recruiting 3x Project Managers to work as the client PM for the following 3 highway schemes - Arundel c£300m, Worthing / Lancing c£80m and Brent Cross M1 J1 c£80m. Guildford based.
Plan and manage the delivery of projects, managing the performance of a project team, external contractors and consultants and ensuring adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards across the supply chain and Highways England, to ensure successful delivery of agreed project outcomes and acting in line with mandatory and delegated responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Board and other key internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full mutual understanding of the projects' strategic and delivery objectives, to report on and review project performance, and to agree solutions that resolve complex issues.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities within the project delivery team, creating high quality baseline management products, producing timely and accurate reports, and creating and maintaining specified records.
- Design, agree and implement project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes.
- Oversee feasibility, design, and assessment work for proposed projects, to inform the development of business cases and investment proposals.
- Contribute to the development of robust business cases, to clarify business benefits, quantify resource requirements and identify project interdependencies.
- Identify and evaluate emerging risks, issues, dependencies and constraints associated with the project, escalating where appropriate. Where necessary develop, agree and implement solutions to overcome these.
Commission and manage the performance of delivery partners and expert consultancy support as appropriate, ensuring that project objectives and requirements are clearly understood, setting clear expectations for health and safety management, time and cost; and taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
People management responsibilities
Assistant Project Manager - Varies - Direct
Budget management responsibilities
Projects generally with a value of £100-300m
Key contacts/relationships/stakeholders managed
Senior Project Manager and Programme Manager
Programme Management Office
Contractors and consultants
Business Knowledge and Experience
Experience of managing teams to successful development of complex, medium/high risk projects or high-profile projects.
Experience of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
Experience of managing business and/or value management cases for new projects through company defined governance, review and approval gates.
Experience of managing and maintaining agreed project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners.
Demonstrable experience of managing the development of project plans and detailed stage plans in conjunction with delivery partners.
Commercial skills with proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money.
Demonstrate experience as mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence within a complex project environment.
Functional / Technical Skills
Is a practicing or willing to become an accredited low/medium risk IPA (Infrastructure Project Authority Office of Government Commerce- OGC) Gateway™ reviewer to support delivery assurance.
Professional accreditation: Full Member of APM (Association for Project Management) or appropriate professional body for their specialist field or a willingness and commitment to attain.
Evidence of leadership on safety standards and their implementation within multiple team reporting structures within a complex projects environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.