- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineer - Mechanical Power & Propulsion
Our client is looking for a mechanical engineer to undertake a defined range of mechanical/marine engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements.
- Engine Prime Movers
- Uptakes & Down takes
- High Speed and Low Speed Couplings, Clutches and Brakes
- Gearing and Thrust Blocks
- Shafting and Shafting Auxiliary Equipment's
- Inboard and Outboard Bearings and Shaft Seals
- Mechanical integration of Propellers
- Steering Gear
Tasks and Activities:
- Examples of engineering output are mechanical schematic diagrams, mechanical design calculations, and mechanical specifications.
- Carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements.
- Liaise with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters.
- Degree qualified (not essential).
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council
- Experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.