- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Engineer - C/C ++ Developer
My client, an energy and automation digital solutions provider is looking for a Software Engineer to join their established team based in Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicester.
You will be part of a team who are responsible for delivering projects spanning everything from ETL jobs and low-level embedded protocol integrations to more commonly high-level integrations making use of web-based API's and services to cloud based systems with web front ends
- Participate in technical specifications for components to be developed internally or by external contributors to the platform Actively contribute to C/C++ and C# Applications
- Maintain the full Application Life-Cycle
- Evaluate new technologies that can be integrated in the platform by creating proof of concepts
- Participate in the development and testing of Software libraries for the platform
- Ensure maintenance and bug fixing on all software components
- Be the interface between the users and external vendors
- Provide support for line of business and teammates on your software components for integration in their products Pluralsight subscription
- MSDN Professional/Ultimate Subscription (depending on requirements)
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
BSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field. Experience in development with: Modern Programming Language (I.e. C/C++, C#) Visual Studio.
Familiar with Agile development methodology
ALM tools such as Azure DevOps
Unit test frameworks and tools
Familiar with NuGet Repositories and Jenkins Build Servers
- Passionate about learning and staying up to date with the latest technologies.
- A willingness to learn the full Schneider Electric product set; ranging from Power, Data Centres and Building Automation to Industrial Applications and Data Analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and customer oriented.
- Ability to work well individually and in a highly collaborative, multi-site team.
- Positive attitude
- Care deeply about clean and maintainable code.
- You will be expected to fully immerse yourself into the product set to better understand customers' needs
- £35k - £55k (depending on experience)
- Bonus scheme
- Share scheme
- Pension scheme
- My client covers the cost of all work-wear expenses
- Career development, including global opportunities
- My client is always open to the conversation of flexible working
- Lunch room consisting of a pool table, Xbox, arcade machine etc
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.