- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
System Engineer - BAE071205 - Yeovil - £44.50 LTD / £34.74 PAYE - 12 Months
As a Systems Engineer in our you will be responsible to estimate and plan development activities, design technical solutions, procure and implement hardware/software, and test the resulting systems. You will also be required to help in diagnosing and solving customer reported issues with in-service equipment.
There is a vacancy for a Systems Engineer at our site in Yeovil, Somerset.
We are looking for people who can be independent, accountable and are output driven. You will need to be flexible and mobile to meet changing business and customer demands, be willing to share best practice and engage in the future of our business. You will be open to new ideas, new approaches and willing to adapt in a fast-paced technology driven company.
What you will be doing
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the Lead Engineer
- Accurately report on progress
- Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
- Complete System Integration activities
- Support operational delivered systems
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
As part of the engineering team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- A strong Systems Engineering, hardware and software background, preferably with a degree in a related discipline.
- An excellent understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle
- An excellent working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems).
Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Familiarity with Export control and ITAR rules and regulations
You should be able to demonstrate:
- A 'can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- You enjoy team dynamics and encourage a positive team spirit
- A willingness to work away from your home site with regular visits to our customer sites.
- Self-organisation and good with management of time and conflicting priorities
- You are innovative and able to drive improvement
You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance (e.g. evidence covering the last 5 years of continual UK residency).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.