- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Design Engineer - T26 SI
Design Engineer - BAE071389 - 12 Months - Frimley
£43.00 Umbrella / £33.57 PAYE
Purpose of role: To support the Type 26 SI Technical Authorities on a daily basis. This involves resolving complex technical issues and gain an understanding of the low level technical aspects of the T26 SI System
This is a demanding technical role for a candidate with a strong engineering background who has the ability to drive resolution to technical issues, can deal with cross-domain technical problems and has the ability to work with others to see a way forward.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Processing Shared Infrastructure System Definition changes, DNS list updates, other system owned build inputs
- Assisting with the Data Management work; gathering information from teams, drawing up diagrams and identifying gaps
- Trouble shooting system-wide issues found at Land Based Test Site
- Provide system support to Enterprise Level Agreement (ELA) tool and Network Configuration Generator tool
- Provide system support to Integration start up and resilience testing
- Tracking Land Based Test Site Observation Reports (ORs)
- Assisting with system delivery documentation.
Key Technical Skills (Some or all of the following) - Experience of complete systems lifecycle
- Hands on system experience of a similar kind to SI
- Experience of System Design work
- Some experience of Networking, Virtualisation, SAN & VDI technologies
- Experience of design document creation and system level details capture
- Naval System experience an advantage
This role requires full Security Clarence (SC) prior to working onsite.
You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.