- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Site Engineer - Highways
Our established client within the Highways and Civils sector are currently searching for an experienced Site/Setting Out Engineer to work on various highways related projects in and around the Derby area.
Within this role you will have a good general understanding of working on high speed roads and civils works. You will need to work as part of a team and express excellent communication skills.
As the Setting Out Engineer, you must be able to communicate with team members when carrying out work activities whilst complying with site rules and policies.
We are seeking a Setting Out Engineer who is driven, hardworking, flexible, reliable and most importantly can identify safe/unsafe working conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - not limited to;
- Some setting out according to client and company standards and programme requirements
- Monitoring the quality checks
- Creating as-built surveys of work
- Reporting into and assisting a Site Agent
- Assisting with planning/programming site activities and with design issues if applicable
- Follow and implement health & safety systems on site
- Compile data and records as well as site documentation in assistance to the Site Agent
- Setting out and level control onsite
- Responsible for site safety & quality control
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Strong background within Highways
- Solid recent new roads/major roads construction experience
- CSCS Card
- In depth experience of Highway/ Engineering Design and design standards
- Previous experience in setting out and level control onsite
- Extensive knowledge surrounding site safety & quality control
- Ability to read plans and drawings
- Excellent IT skills
Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.