- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Compliance Inspector
To undertake inspection of all activities carried out on the highway in relation to regulations, statutory guidance and codes of practice, to ensure compliance and when necessary, take actions and apply penalties to enforce these controls.
- Support the Road Works Coordinators in the review and approval of works proposals and other enquiries.
- Liaise with internal and external works promotors, including the Utilities and other construction sectors and Events promoters and provide advice and information in relation to highway matters, including licences, to enable works, events and other activities to take place.
- Analyse information relating to works and events affecting the highway network and establish appropriate methods, timing and durations of operations and associated traffic management.
- Challenge works promoters in order to minimise disruption to the road network, taking account of the needs of work promoters, event organisers, road users and other stakeholders
- Inspect and monitor all works and activities affecting the Highway and initiate appropriate action when non-compliance is found
- Keep clear and concise records/reports, including evidence, and adhere to statutory and company process and procedure.
- Support enforcement action through the provision of witness statements and attendance at Court to act as a witness as directed and respond to requests from the council's insurance and legal teams and with external solicitors and claims handlers.
- Use initiative and technical judgement to deal with matters including incidents and emergencies, where there may be no set procedures to follow.
- Carry out investigations of activities on the highway or related issues concerning non-compliance or arising from complaints &/or enquiries from customers and other sources. Use technical knowledge and professional judgement to instigate appropriate actions in response to complaints &/or enquiries.
- Contribute to the operation and development of the Highways Asset Management system (HAMs), including
- inputting data and updating the system.
- Report any identified issues with the Street Works Register or associated interfaces, such as ELGIN, or within the Local Street Gazetteer and Associated Street Data to the NRSWA Manager for assessment and resolution
- Contribute to the collection and analysis of Network Management data for the evaluation of the Service and network performance
- Maintain a fundamental knowledge of a wide range of utility and highways work terminology and practices regarding all aspects of the work from inception stage to final reinstatement
- Ensure that Health and Safety legislation is adhered to by those undertaking works
- Ensure safety of self, colleagues and the general public when working on or adjacent to the highway
- Undertake work outside of normal working hours and / or at different locations, including, but not limited to site visits, meetings and events
- GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths & English or at least 3 years directly relevant experience or have NVQ2 or equivalent in Highway Maintenance, building construction work or utility sector.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of Highway and/or Utility related construction & maintenance operations
- Good knowledge of utility provider works
- NRSWA Supervisors Qualification
- Knowledge of highways legislation, including Highways Act 1980, NRSWA 1991, RTRA 1984, Traffic Management ct 2004 and Chapter 8
- Knowledge of Highway Authority procedures and policies including the Highway Network Management plan.
- Ability to interpret maps, plans and engineering drawings
- Good IT skills, including the use of specific highways software such as Confirm.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work efficiently, effectively, and actively looks for ways of improving services and outcomes for customers.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to keep clear and concise records and to provide accurate and concise information in an oral and written form
Working conditions / environment:
- A Mixture of site and office
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Ben Huxley directly on 01489898163
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.