- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Linux Kernel Engineer / Driver Development
Are you interested in working for small, dynamic company, working on cutting-edge technology that goes into space?
A great opportunity has arisen for a Linux Kernel Engineer to join an exciting start-up company working on next-generation products for the space industry.
- Working closely within a small multi-disciplinary team to deliver electronics products from concept through to realisation.
- Designing embedded software running on embedded Linux platforms.
- Developing software including Linux kernel driver modules and Linux system configuration.
- Design and implementation of software architecture, test/validation and release management.
- Optimising software for reliability, fault detection, tolerance and recovery.
- Producing and maintaining design documentation and test reports.
- Degree or equivalent qualification Electronics Engineering or a related subject.
- Software development expertise on Linux-based systems.
- Knowledge of Linux driver development (e.g. PCIe, DMA or V4L2)
- Experience developing software in C/C++ on microcontrollers, debugging tools, and automated testing.
- Background working in safety-critical environments (e.g. defence, automotive or medical).
- Ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Passion for space exploration.
- Familiarity with ARM microcontrollers is a preference.
- Background working within the space industry is a bonus.
- Share options
- Private Vitality health care
- 25 days' holiday plus public holidays
- Exciting start-up culture
If you'd like to hear more about this opportunity, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.