- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
A fantastic opportunity with a leading Automotive manufacturer!
A perfect opportunity for someone with a background in Automotive & Mechanical design
A leading Mnaufacturer based in the Warwickshire area are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team!
- CAD & computer literacy.
- Work to industry and Engineering standards and practices.
- Concept, design and detailing of systems and components.
- Team working/ good communications.
- Ability to work without supervision to agreed timescales, budgets and constraints.
- Ability to work in a multi task environment.
- Previous engineering experience including; Truck, Yellow Goods, or related product, chassis systems with similar product volumes and level of complexity
- Liaison with internal and external suppliers
- Experience designing for a number of the manufacturing processes used including casting, welded fabrication, vac forming processes
- Understanding geometric tolerances in mechanical components
- Understanding of required quality levels for this type of business.
- 3D CAD modelling, general arrangement and production drawings
- Experience using DFM techniques
- Demonstrates the ability to optimise cost/quality/timing
- Experience of engineering change control documentation
- Min qualification Degree in Mechanical Eng or the ability to demonstrate the same level of competence through a combination of other relevant qualifications, training and experience.
Technical Experience Required:
- Efficient use SOLID EDGE 2D/3D
- Working knowledge of MICROSOFT OFFICE software package
- Working knowledge of Change Management software
- Working knowledge of MICROSOFT PROJECT software package
- Awareness of COSMOS EDGE/COSMOS M or equivalent FEA software package
- Awareness of WORKING MODEL or equivalent dynamics software package
If this role is of interest, please contact Amy Lapworth on 01489 898833 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.