- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
To support the Functional Team Lead - Mechanical Engineering by providing mechanical design expertise, allowing UECSS to deliver detailed mechanical design solutions to our customers in the underwater warfare business area.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be accountable for:
- Production of project drawing packs in line with configuration management processes.
- Producing and reviewing Mechanical Designs and Drawings.
- Maintaining the configuration of UECSSs production drawing packs.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Providing a technical lead role on selected projects.
- Providing support for stress and thermal analysis activities.
- Employing continuous improvement principles to improve efficiency.
- Supporting the Project SDA as required.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers as required.
- Collaboration with the other Engineering functions to ensure smooth engineering transition within projects.
Skills, Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Windchill PDMLink
- Autodesk Inventor
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Microsoft Outlook
- +5 years' experience using 3D CAD modelling tool(s) including 2D technical drawings.
- Creo 2.0 or above
- Finite Element Analysis Tools (Nastran, Ansys)
- Self-motivated. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Positive/can do attitude.
- The ability to provide sound and innovative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Good verbal/communication/influencing skills.
- To work with other parts of the organisation from project engineering to production to achieve program objectives.
- Flexible in approach to working hours and patterns.
- Full driving license.
- Capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.