- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We have a rare and fantastic opportunity for a leading Automotive supplier.
If you are looking to progress into a new role for 2020, read further.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide the design expertise ensuring best practice solutions required to achieve all programme EDS design deliverables.
- To carry out concept design studies utilising CAE tools and physical bucks
- Prepare accurate & timely Harness drawings for release into customers system and 1st tier plants
- Carry out and participate on site evaluation of product at vehicle assembly plants
- Support all testing activities
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customer
- Be responsible for receiving, monitoring and providing customer responses and actions
- Work to project-timing plans for communication to customer
- Support APQP activities where required
- Obtain, implement specifications Measurement and reporting of progress against the project plan
- Measure and report progress clearly and effectively against the project plan.
- Manage any project deviations
- Identify and immediately report any major roadblocks to your line management with a recommended course of action.
- Prior practical design experience with a 1st tier EDS supplier
- CAD experience. (CATIA V5, Auto Cad as required)
- Team Centre trained and qualified
- EDS manufacturing experience combined with DFM.
- Working knowledge of GPMS, DVP, FMEA and APQP.
- Conversant with quality systems such as Q1, QS9000 & TS 16949.
- Vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
- Previous systems experience of WERS, AIMS and ECR's
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Very good communication skills combined with a high degree of self-motivation and self-confidence are absolutely necessary.
- Must be able to use own initiative and happy to make decisions.
- Positive attitude with a good ability to deal with work pressure and overcoming challenges, while maintaining ownership of issues.
- Well-developed analytical ability with a passion for solving problems or initiating improvements.
- High degree of functional and time-related flexibility is essential.
- Ability to progress chase, manage deadline expectations, report progress & flag areas of concern
Please note that the company do not offer work permits, visas or sponsorships
Please get in touch with Amy Lapworth on 01489 898833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.