- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
BAE Systems are seeking a Quality Engineer for their Munitions and Land Combat operations out of Bishopton, west of Glasgow. This is an opportunity to work for a defence/ military manufacturer on cutting edge and important national projects.
Quality Engineer - 6 Month Contract - Bishopton - £24.21 PAYE (other payment methods available)
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing test, evaluation, quality management strategy and processes to support BAE Systems growth plans. This will involve being responsible for developing test and evaluation quality plans, the auditing of test and evaluation processes, supplier audit and evaluation, managing updates to documents related to test and evaluation and taking a lead on continuous improvement and performance measurement activities.
- Develop and implement the BAE Systems Quality management strategy and plans, including systems and processes, to support the organisation's annual plan and long-term strategy.
- Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against standards.
- Work with Operations/Facilities, Project Management and Technical Teams to create Quality Plans.
- Work closely with the Head of Quality - Land (UK) to ensure that the developed Test and Evaluation Quality practices and procedures implement are consistent with company strategy and are ISO17025:2017 compliant
- Ensure all process changes occur in a controlled and systematic manner.
- Conduct internal audits, supplier audits and risk assessments taking corrective actions when necessary
- Liaise with customers and suppliers where necessary (where impacting/affected by quality issues)
- Be responsible for creating a supplier evaluation and audit programme. Monitor supplier performance and improvement activities
- Carry out audits of test and evaluation and Quality Control processes and procedures to ensure that ISO17025:2017 principles are consistently being applied.
- Make recommendations to documentation practices and test and evaluation processes that will instil a culture of continual improvement.
- Manage all CAPA activities.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure that there is continuous improvement in all company operations and that waste is kept to a minimum.
- Lead Auditor trained (ISO9001,ISO17025:2017)
- Technical competence and good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, especially with operations department
- Formal Quality Management qualification, such as a degree.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.