- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer
Are you interested in working for small, dynamic company, working on cutting-edge technology that goes into space?
A great opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Software Engineer to join an exciting start-up company working on next-generation products for the space industry.
- Working closely within a small multi-disciplinary team to deliver electronics products from concept through to realisation.
- Developing embedded real-time software (ARM microcontrollers, Linux, FreeRTOS etc)
- Design and implementation of software architecture, test/validation and release management.
- Optimising software for reliability, fault detection, tolerance and recovery.
- Producing and maintaining design documentation and test reports.
- Degree or equivalent qualification Electronics Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience developing software in C/C++ on microcontrollers, debugging tools, and automated testing.
- Knowledge of real-time software development on Linux, FreeRTOS, etc.
- Background working in safety-critical environments (e.g. defence, automotive or medical).
- Ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Passion for space exploration.
- Software development using other languages (e.g. Python) is beneficial.
- Experience of electronics/hardware integration.
- Background working within the space industry is a bonus.
- Share options
- Private Vitality health care
- 25 days' holiday plus public holidays
- Exciting start-up culture
If you'd like to hear more about this opportunity, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.