- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client based in South London are currently searching to find a Traffic Engineer to help with local schemes. This Traffic Engineering will be involving AutoCad knowledge inorder to effectively design the required traffic schemes.
South London is one of the busiest retail and business centres in the south of England outside of Central London. It has the largest population of any London Borough and its success as a regional centre very much depends upon the way its day-to-day traffic, highway, parking and road safety issues are managed. We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and well organised Traffic Engineer, reporting to the Highway Improvements Team Leader. Your role would be to successfully deliver a wide range of traffic, highway and road safety projects from feasibility stage although with through to implementation.
* You will have a degree or ONC/HNC in civil engineering (or equivalent engineering qualification) and/or have extensive experience in the design and implementation of traffic and highway schemes
* To be responsible for designing a wide range of traffic schemes (including pedestrian and cycle schemes, bus priority schemes, parking schemes, safety schemes, junction improvement schemes, and environmental improvement schemes), taking schemes through from inception through to completion.
* To be responsible for liaising directly with relevant stakeholders, including local residents and businesses to gain acceptance, of often contentious proposals
* To be responsible for managing and monitoring project budgets to ensure that schemes provide value for money and are delivered within budget.
* To deal with queries and correspondence from elected members, the public and others, which will often involve the use of discretion and identifying ways to resolve complex and frequently conflicting issues.
* To provide expert professional and technical advice relating to the post holders area of responsibility, including the preparation of report and attending meetings as necessary
* You must be computer literate and have experience in the use of AutoCad and geographic information systems.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.