- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
BAE Systems are seeking a Quality Engineer for their Naval Ship operations out of Scotstoun (Glasgow). This is an opportunity to work for a defence/ military manufacturer on cutting edge and important national projects.
Quality Engineer - 12 to 18 Month Contract -Scotstoun (Glasgow) - £20ph LTD (other payment methods available)
This role requires you to undertake a BPSS + Criminal Record Check.
The main duties of this role (in summary) revolve around assisting the Supplier Quality Assurance Product Teams, assisting in business wide adherence to processes regarding preparation, testing and product verification, and finally to assist in the capture, collation and analysis of product verification and test outputs. See below for expanded definitions.
- Assisting the Supplier Quality Assurance Product team, assisting in successful completion of Product Verification, in line with delivery schedules to ensure compliant products are available to the ship build teams.
- Assist in business wide adherence to the processes for preparation, testing and Product Verification of equipment. Liaising with Supply Chain and Engineering teams to validate all information is available and conformant prior to verification.
- Assist in capture, collate and analyse product verification and test outputs, identifying trends and root cause of defects, using the results to inform both future verifications and supplier surveillance activities.
- Assist product verifications, completing to a high professional standard in line with service level agreements across the supplier base, central warehouse and in yard goods receipt.
- Assist Senior SAFE in all product certification requirements are understood communicated and adhered to, including appropriate record keeping in line with contractual and record retention requirements.
- Build strong relationships and drive collaborative working with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure Supplier product verification delivers the required benefit and confidence in product conformance.
- Assist in the creation of Corrective Action sheets (CAS) when defects are found against contract requirements, during product verifications.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on Type 26 material & certification issues found at good inwards or Supplier premises.
- Support the team's development through cross training and shadowing to achieve a flexible and multi skilled team.
- Support the prerequisite inspection plans, checklists and templates are understood, defined and used consistently in line with the product and contract requirements.
- Measure, collate and analyse inspection data to inform the Supplier Quality Assurance Team Lead, trends and required improvements, supporting the required weekly and monthly project reports and status updates.
Qualifications & Experience Needed
- Ideally have evidence of experience in Ship build environments through inspections of build, outfit and integration. However, other industries will be considered.
- Knowledge of equipment and material inspection processes, requirements and standards.
- Evidence in supporting quality investigations in line with company process to determine root cause and permanent corrective actions.
- Knowledge in the use of Quality tools and techniques.
- Manufacturing and cross trade process knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant Defence (DEF STANS) and ISO standards (9001:2015).
- Experience in using measuring equipment, such like, micrometres & Vernier's.
- Constantly pursue the policy of get it right first time, taking actions to ensure Quality standards of own and others work are met.
- Proven ability to plan and priorities multiple activities.
- Knowledge of core business management and reporting processes.
- Demonstrate value to the business on the benefits of Quality through embedding improvements and supporting the Supplier Quality Assurance team.
- Problem Solving (Breadth of mental skills required in order to perform the position)
- Ability to evaluate situations and conflicting priorities and determine clear strategies to address and overcome.
- Willingness to seek support and advice from across the business and through external sources.
- Responsibility to Support a strategy and framework to assure production performance in achieving quality balanced with schedule and cost requirements.
- Requirement to demonstrate benefits to the programme and business through the reduction of Production performance risk.
- Critical impact on the delivery of T26 and associated programmes through the successful delivery of conforming equipment to support the relative build programmes.
- Ability to interact and negotiate with all supplier inspection stakeholders in the company to achieve successful outcomes.
- Engage with senior representatives of external companies in a professional and constructive manner.
- Trusted to represent the company during supplier inspections and support Team Lead in discussions following completion of surveillance assessments and inspections.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.