- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Configuration Engineer
Our clients are looking for high calibre configuration engineers to be based in either Filton or Stevenage, whose primary role is to manage delivery of Configuration engineering activities and provide technical leadership.
- To deliver Configuration engineering best practice and optimised Configuration engineering solutions into IPT's to meet requirements, at optimised cost.
- Provide technical guidance, leadership and technical direction.
- Development and coaching of engineers in terms of technical understanding, leadership, and simultaneous engineering within IPTs.
- Set standards for behaviours, technical leadership and quality of Configuration Engineering Management and Project Data Control.
- To provide Configuration Management support across assigned projects in accordance with company processes to ensure that Configuration standard is maintained and applicable project milestones are achieved.
- Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Configuration Audit.
- Point of contact for all Configuration Management on allocated aspects of the programme.
- Toolset specific Configuration Management (Teamcenter PDM).
- Management of Delivery Milestones.
- Configuration Status Records.
- Change Board Management.
- CMP Maintenance.
- Change Control.
- Customer and supplier liaison.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Excellent understanding of the 5 key elements of Configuration Management: Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Audit.
- Configuration Management experience in the Defence Industry
- Experience of platform level baseline control is desirable.
- Excellent Knowledge of Configuration Management DEF STAN 05-57.
- Knowledge of EIA-649-B and NATO STANAG 4159 an advantage.
- IT literate - Use of Excel, Word and a Product Management Tool essential, preferably Teamcenter and SAP.
- Meticulous Record Keeping
- Experience of Customer and Supplier Audit an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Technical leadership & motivation of others - get most from people through effective leadership & empowerment.
- Delegation -ability to effectively delegate tasks to appropriate people and provide required level of support. Regularly monitor progress to ensure successful delivery.
- Business Awareness - understanding of fundamental business principles, drivers and key customers.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive market rate
- Flexi hours
- Prestige: Chance of working on cutting edge technology in one of the largest defence companies in the UK
- Team Work: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment
- Connections: you will be joining a team of around 7,000 people at major sites across the UK
To discuss this in more detail, please contact:
Bogdana on 01489 882 682 or Bogdana.Raducanu@matchtech.com
Rory on 01489 884 383 or Rory.Wood@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.