- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate - Highways
This is an fantastic opportunity for an experienced highway engineer looking to step into a managerial position. Working for an established International Consultancy based in West Yorkshire.
Job Title: Associate Highways Engineer
Reports to: Technical Director
Main Purpose of the Job
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate Engineer to manage an existing team and grow our existing Highways design capabilities. Work includes feasibility through to the construction for major highways schemes, along with various other civil structures projects for a variety of clients. The role requires both management and technical leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role.
- Preparation of highway design and specifications.
- NEC Project Management
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings
- Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking out new business
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way
- Providing technical guidance to others
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects
- Mentoring Engineers
- Civil Engineering Degree or a relevant discipline.
- Incorporated Engineer
- Chartered MICE or MIStructE (preferred)
- Previous Highways design experience at an Associate level
- Experience of major highway design works, incl S106, S38 etc.
- Previous experience of an engineering organisation
- Previous experience working with Local government clients. (preferred)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Be able to work well in teams and provide efficient direction to graduates.
- Experience of AutoCad and design software
- Knowledge of design codes
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.