- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware V&V Engineer
My client is looking for a Hardware Engineer to joing their team. You will have the oportunity to develop and implement safety critical hardware solutions to meet programme requirements across the whole development lifecycle.
- To interpret system requirements into clear unambiguous hardware design requirements and to rationalise Hardware Development Plans to identify workflow
- Documenting design activities, ensuring traceability of design to requirements, whilst also ensuring adherence to relevant project, company or regulatory standards
- To design, analyse, commission and verify analogue and digital circuits in accordance with defined requirements specifications including cost and reliability targets
- To plan and manage hardware qualification activities and specify, design, commission and verify equipment test solutions
- Generate, perform and validate results of verification plans, test plans, analysis, test case design and other specific kinds of tests.
- Work collaboratively with systems, software and mechanical engineers to ensure that hardware level requirements have been met and to overcome trade-offs or problems identified in the design.
- Contribute to the development of systems architectures considering alternative concepts and trade analysis in order to determine an evidence led preferred solution.
- Understand and implement the requirements for certification of safety critical products to the specified development assurance level requirements and processes
Key Skills and Competencies required:
Bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
Electronic hardware design with solid post qualification experience in some or all of:
- Design of micro-processor circuitry
- Design of digital interface circuitry such as DDR2/DDR3/SPI/I2C/MIPI
- Design of analogue circuitry (eg amplifiers, filters and signal sampling)
- Design for EMC and/or lightning protection
- Low voltage power supply and/or power switching techniques
- Ability to drive and manage PCB layout through sub-contract
- Experience of keeping engineering documentation up to date and under configuration control
- Experience of developing high integrity designs, preferably safety critical.
- Experience of working (and tracking/reporting) to cost and timescale constraints.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks to maintain an overall schedule and meet design targets / milestones.
- Ability to work within a team of engineers from different disciplines
- Ability to communicate complex engineering concepts in an understandable manner.
- Willingness to engineer safety critical products in an industry that is highly regulated and where engineering vigour in valued.
- Demonstrable ability to identify solutions to engineering problems using analysis and evidence to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Awareness of RTCA/DO254
- Awareness of RTCA/DO160 or equivalent
- Experience using OrCAD schematic capture, Allegro PCB Editor, LT Spice, pSpice
- Experience in documenting designs in preparation for formal qualification / certification
- Experience with TMS570 family of micro-controllers
- Experience of design for manufacture
- Exposure to firmwareto facilitate HW/firmware integration
- Exposure to hardware data bus standards such as RS242/232, , I2C, SPI, ARINC429, MIPI
- Exposure to embedded software to facilitate HW/SW integration
- Understanding and ideally experience of some or all parts of a formal engineering development lifecycle and demonstrable aptitude to apply rigorous development process
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.