- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Harness CAD Design Engineer
A leading global Tier 1 Automotive supplier needs you!
Do you have experience within Harness design? Read Further ....
Duties & Responsibilities
Design and 3D drafting in Catia V5 according to customer specifications
- 3D design data management on the customer system
- Preparation of 3D CAD design drafts for wiring harness components
- Package investigations and development of solutions to EDS related package issues
- Adhere to Customer specifications and requirements while developing designs
- Adhere to internal specifications and requirements while developing designs
- Time critical implementation of design changes during all program development phases
- Review designs with customer manufacturing team to ensure feasibility for instillation into vehicle
- Ensure EDS routing and package design is compatible with vehicle environment
- Prepare marked up 2D drawings to support design changes
- Check 2D drawings are in-line with the planned design prior to release
- Support design reviews, prototype harness and vehicle builds at company and customer locations
- Identify, track and resolve EDS design and manufacturing issues.
- Generate, review and evaluate potential cost reduction ideas.
- Carry out CAD assembly investigations together with the responsible project engineers
- Participate in TVM, VA/VE and benchmarking activities.
- Previous practical design experience from an automotive or aerospace background
- Proficient CAD experience using Catia V5 and the electrical work bench
- University degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience
- Previous proven experience with designing/draughting All types of Harnesses and Components (Cable Channels, brackets and fixing parts).
- Experience with working to SDS, MES, design guidelines
- Experienced using E2KS DPA5 process
- Working knowledge of GPDS, DVP, FMEA and APQP.
- Vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
- Experience of working with, or design of, vehicle electrical systems
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical/electronic system function and diagnostics
- Understanding of EDS design and development process
- Proficient with Microsoft office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.