- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Field Systems Engineer
An exciting opportunity with a leading marine electronics engineering manufacturer for an expeirenced service and installation engineer.
Our client are a major, international, marine electronics manufacturer. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced installation and service with a strong background in the marine electronics sector.
- Conduct setting to work, Commissioning, Harbour Acceptance, and Sea Acceptance test for SBS, Naval and Security Systems.
- Carry out service interventions as directed by the Surveillance Support team
- Carry out pre-installation ship surveys and site surveys for SBS/Naval and produce detailed reports.
- Participate is SBS, Naval and Security Trials and Testing activities to characterise and prove system capabilities.
- Complete short training courses as part of a setting to work/commissioning exercise as required.
- When required participate in technical meetings and provide a technical liaison with the Sales team/customers.
- Completing Service reports and other documentation.
Travel within the UK and overseas is required and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- HND in Electronics Engineering or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience in an Electronics servicing environment, preferably Marine orientated.
- Proven track record in demonstrating knowledge of electronics in a 'hands-on' discipline.
- Excellent communication skills both technically and socially with the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation.
- Sound knowledge of computers including hardware and software with the ability to use various software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Full clean driving license
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.