- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our established client, a leading contractor in the Highways & Civils sector are currently looking to employ a Site Agent on a permanent basis, to work on a variety of different projects in the Portsmouth area.
About the Role
As a Senior Site Agent, you deliver ongoing contracts and maintenance works, ensuring that they operate within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets. You will also:
- To ensure contract/s or delivered safely, on time, within budget and to programme.
- To maintain a good relationship with clients, to avoid disputes.
- To have a high level of commercial awareness related to the works
- To ensure that all work is carried out to Company Safety, Environmental, and Quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives.
- To carry out Safety Audits and TRACAs as required by line management.
- To liaise with and manage sub-contractors to ensure their strict adherence of the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Quality Standards.
- Good knowledge of all types of road construction and maintenance and working in life traffic situations.
- To understand COSHH regulations, particularly as they relate to the Operational Process, and to ensure the required information is relayed to the persons handling the materials concerned.
- To co-operate with the Group SHEQ Department in the compilation and update of Safe Working Procedures for the process involved
- To ensure that all Employees are properly trained for the task being undertaken and are fully conversant with the Company Procedures
- To understand all commercial aspects of the operation and to be aware of competitors activities
- To ensure compliance with Company's Quality Assurance procedures
- To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager
- To ensure that all operations carried out within your area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself
As well as a competitive salary, our client offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Competitive contribution pension scheme
- Car / car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
- NI free childcare vouchers
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have significant experience working as a Site Agent on design and build, civil engineering projects. You will also:
- Have obtained an ONC, HNC or Degree in a civil engineering / surfacing discipline
- Have previous knowledge and experience working within the highways maintenance sector
- An excellent attitude and commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment
- Be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of MS Office, IT Systems and MS Project Software
- Have previous commercial experience and budget control
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.