- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Air Data Engineer
DE&S who are part of the MOD are looking for Air Data Engineers based out in Yeovilton on a permanent basis paying upto £30,000.
Do you have an Aeronautical/Aviation background and eager for a new challenge?
Do you want to work in an environment where your skills will make a direct impact on protecting the country whilst giving you the flexibility to manage both your work and home life balance together? If so, DE&S have exciting opportunities for engineers with experience ideally using GOLDesp to join their diverse team at RNAS Yeovilton.
The engineering positions will be within the Data Management Services (DMS) team which is responsible for data integrity and in-service support activity of Air Engineering Logistic Information Support (LogIS) provided by the GOLDesp application. This support is in accordance with the requirements stipulated by our lead customer Strategic Command, in the Command Acquisition Support Plan Annex within Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR), and the requirements of the Internal Business Agreement in place between Directorate of Engineering and Safety (D EngSfty) and ISTAR Support Chain Information Services (SCIS). DMS delivers Data Services on behalf of various DE&S and FLC customers, enabling the effective use and analysis of the application we support.
DMS GOLDesp Reference Data Analysts are responsible for the creation and management of Reference Data for the GOLDesp application and your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Creation of GOLDesp Reference data on the Central GOLDesp servers.
- Management of Reference Data in GOLDesp in order to maintain Data Integrity and assist the Airworthiness of all UK MOD platforms on GOLDesp.
- Advising platform delivery teams and Industry on the impact of GOLDesp on technical instructions and modifications.
- Creation and Data Take On of new platforms being added to GOLDesp.
- Support testing and release activities in Sustainment Air applications and associated safety cases.
- Support, on request, incident resolution with respect to the SCIS Delivery Partner, especially where there are Airworthiness or Operational Capability implications.
- Support the Engineering Application Management (Air) (EAM(Air)) team in their representation of customer views to the SCIS Delivery Partner and contractors on all matters regarding levels of service, managing customer expectation and providing a conflict resolution service where appropriate.
With your qualifications/experience you will be able to provide delivery of quality and timely Data Management Services (DMS) to internal and external customers whilst maintaining air safety and effective engineering through life support.
To be considered you must show evidence in your CV of the following:
- An HND/NVQ Level 4 qualification in an Engineering/Science related discipline OR substantial equivalent work experience.
- Experience of working in an Aeronautical/Aviation environment or similar environment within an engineering background.
- The ability to achieve Eng Tech within 6 months.
It would be highly advantageous if you have: * Experience of the GOLDesp application, preferably at Boundary Cell or Aircraft Custodian level.
- Experience of Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Publications preferably Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP) and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM).
- An understanding of Aircraft Weight and Balance.
Due to the secure nature of the role, this is a reserved post and open to SOLE UK NATIONALS ONLY.
DE&S is committed to delivering world-class equipment and services through enabling a high performing workforce. One of the ways we achieve this is by being committed to the development of our employees. Learning will be delivered through a blended approach, from learning on the job to exposure to peers, subject matter experts, mentors and coaches. You will also have the opportunity to learn through formal training and study. The Engineering Function achieves this blended approach by offering:
- Career pathways which cross not only engineering disciplines but also our full spectrum of operating environments
- Discipline sponsored learning events
- Engineering forums
- Access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities. These include sponsoring several technical qualifications (up to and including post graduate).
- Support to staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Ultimately our learning and development support will help you develop the technical skills that DE&S seek and value. Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.