- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
SDA Project Manager
Please note this role closes for applications at 23:55 on Tuesday 18th February 2020
The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) are looking for Project Managers to fill a number of posts in our project teams located in Barrow-in-Furness. Our organisation procures and project manages the construction of future Royal Navy submarines, and supports those in-service, working with Navy Command and the Defence Nuclear Organisation.
The positions available are in the Astute Nuclear Submarine (SSN) acquisition team and in the Astute Replacement Nuclear Submarine (SSN (R)) team, currently in programme definition and early stages of the engineering design. The opportunities range from managing the build and commissioning of an Astute boat to the development of design and delivery arrangements of for the replacement class. The positions play a vital role in developing and delivering current and future capability requirements of the Royal Navy's Underwater Battlespace.
The Submarine Production Project Manager sits within a team of fellow Project Managers accountable to the Programme Manager for the delivery of the ASTUTE Class Ship Submersible Nuclear (SSNs). The Project Manager is fully accountable for the execution of the contract and holding the key supplier to account to ensure delivery within the approval envelope for the platform. The Project Manager leads an integrated team of enabling functions to manage complex relationships with the key supplier and formulate plans to manage risks and issues in a responsive manner as they occur on the programme.
SSN(R) Project Managers comprise a team of Project Controls and Project Managers accountable to the Programme Manager for the delivery of the Programme Definition and Design phase. The Project Manager is fully accountable for the successful delivery of the design contract, holding the key suppliers to account to ensure high quality joint management and delivery plans. Each post will have a particular area(s) of focus covering: manufacturing excellence, value chain, acceptance, cost efficiency etc.. The Project Manager leads an integrated team of enabling functions, managing complex relationships, to solve complex problems in submarine delivery.
To be successful in your application, it is essential that you demonstrate the following:
* A proven track record in Project Management and complex engineering
* Prior experience of building and maintaining a network of key stakeholders (including suppliers)
* Experienced in undertaking project analytics in a complex programme
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Examples of being a persuasive negotiator and influencer of stakeholders
* Ability to communicate complex analysis and issues, simply and effectively
The following desirable criteria may benefit your application:
* A Project Management qualification such as APM or PMI qualified
* MSc Degree or working towards one in a relevant skill set
* Prior experience of working in a fast paced delivery environment
* Demonstrable ability to make decisions based on limited information
* Prior experience in Submarine construction / build
* Experience in one or more of the following - Value chain engineering, Change management or Project controls
Due to the security requirements, these roles are reserved for SOLE UK NATIONALS ONLY.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with plenty of opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.