- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a Production Engineer to work for a large defence company in Tring.
Responsible for / Key responsibilities
- Able to liaise with all departments, throughout the complete design and production lifecycle, to ensure efficient development, manufacture and delivery of products to customers.
- Produce shop floor layouts to allow efficient flow of product through assembly processes. Skilled at optimizing waste reduction, value added stages and skilled in developing VSM's.
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughout.
- Able to develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments, including Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
- Investigate and keep up to date with current and developing trends at national and international level in the manufacturing industry to enhance our manufacturing processes and capability.
- Provide active input to the design review process. Familiar in DFM techniques that will ensure a smooth transition of product from design to production. Must be clearly focused on ensuring a quality output is delivered on time in full to our customers.
- Produce and maintain detailed process documentation and assembly instructions to ensure consistent quality standards are maintained throughout manufacturing processes.
- Ensure conformance to Company policies and procedures, Health & Safety, and Environmental legislation - carry out risk assessments of all related production processes and procedures.
- Design of specialist production tooling (jigs & fixtures) to ensure efficient assembly of products.
- Specification, procurement, introduction (approval and training) of new production equipment and processes.
- Assist in the training of production operatives in manufacturing procedures and processes, using the appropriate Operation Specifications, USP's and Company procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers to confirm specifications of new or modified items for prototype and production purposes.
- Support supply chain to help resolve technical and non-conformance issues.
- Communicate and liaise with other departments (QA, Engineering and Supply chain) to resolve production issues.
- Support production assembly with technical and day to day manufacturing issues.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Detailed knowledge of a broad range of manufacturing technology, processes, and concepts
- Knowledge of IPC standards associated with PCB and wiring harness assembly.
- Experience of low, medium volume and cellular manufacturing
- Good understanding of mechanical principles and manufacturing processes
- Experience gained within an electro-mechanical assembly environment.
- Experience of working in a UK SC cleared environment.
- Qualifications / skills required
- Degree in suitable related engineering discipline (ideal) i.e Mechanical, Manufacturing or Production Engineering.
- HNC (Minimum) in related subject (Mechanical/ Electrical, manufacturing technology).
- Full Driving licence to allow external visits to suppliers and service providers.
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
- Membership of professional bodies such as I Prod E, I Mech E or similar is desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.