- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Mechanical Engineer
My Client is recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the Water Sector
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all the mechanical engineering elements of solutions and the production of associated outline and detailed designs to support the successful delivery of projects. You will be working on a variety of water, wastewater and infrastructure related projects.
You will be required to work closely with the Client and as part of a multi-disciplined dedicated design group to undertake technical audits, risk evaluations, develop the mechanical design and liaise with other technical disciplines at feasibility, outline and detailed stages to produce solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. You will be required to develop cost effective solutions and adopt innovative design solutions. You will ensure that the solution is developed in compliance with the Specification.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake site inspections, carry out feasibility reviews and work up proposals for the schemes
- Provide the mechanical input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and conceptual designs
- Produce the mechanical specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the scheme requirements
- Responsibility for design, value engineering, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, reports and recommendations.
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
- Complete all work in line with Company Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subject
- A Chartered member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IMechE
- Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in mechanical design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
- Knowledge and skills in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of mechanical equipment for projects in the water, or process industries
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.