- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Highway Engineer
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced highway engineer to join a international consultancy company in Manchester.
Job Title: Principle Highway Engineer.
Report to: Divisional Director.
Main purpose of the job:
We are looking for a experienced Principle Highway Engineer to lead various highways designs in the building and land development sectors, your key focus will be to oversee and lead the highway design from feasibility and inception right through to detailed design and construction input. You will ideally possess 10 years post qualification experience.
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
- Preparation of highway design and specifications.
- NEC project management.
- Prepare highway designs and specifications.
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking new business.
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role.
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings.
- Providing technical guidance.
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress.
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects.
- Mentoring engineers.
- Civil engineering degree or relevant experience.
- Chartered CEng MICE.
- 10 years highways design experience.
- Public realm.
- Utilities, diversions and reinforcements.
- Detailed design of new highways and existing highway improvements.
- S278 approvals from local authorities.
- Civils 3D design.
- Highways drainage design.
- Design to BS 7533.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.