- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hull Outfitting Engineer
Located in Halifax, on the maritime East Coast of Canada, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for the last 30 years. With a new assembly hall and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Hull Outfitting Engineer will work with the Structures and Hull Outfit Team Leader in the development of design deliverables, supporting technical design reviews and participating in technical vendor negotiations with respect to all Hull Outfit design aspects of the project.
- Participate in analysing and defining system requirements which impact the design ability
- Propose design and process improvements
- Develop processes and procedures for all Hull Outfitting design activities
- Assist the team in developing and implementing test plans, procedures and requirements verification tracking
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Naval Architecture, Structural or Mechanical Engineering (or similar) is essential
- Design engineering experience in shipbuilding, ship repair or marine engineering is a requirement
- Prior working knowledge of large complex defence projects would be an asset
- Attractive lifestyle - warm, sunny summers for surfing & beach hopping and cold, snowy winters for snowboarding or skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties, choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2 hour flight to New York
I am an international recruitment specialist with over 3 years' experience helping people and their families transform their lives and take the leap to move permanently to a new country. To find out more, contact me on:
T: +44 1489 898 204
All successful applications must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.